Tuesday, February 17, 2009

week-end bi weesu demoon nanu magal

Well, I am back from Touba and finally well-rested, yet I do not know how to adequately describe the Magal at the moment. It was incredibly crowded, I took a shower in a toilet room, I think I ate ram testicle (it was dark and the meat was hidden in green beans), I basically sat under a tent for three days, the traffic was immense and creative, and the mosque was beautiful, though it was too crowded to visit more than once. In retrospect, I am glad that I went to the Magal. I have much more respect for the Maurides who actually look forward to the voyage, an annual opportunity to express their sincere and direct devotion to God. Additionally, I have acquired the ability to sleep almost anywhere and under any conditions.




No comments:

Post a Comment